Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Deepest Discoveries Out of Darkest Moments

I've come to the realization that the times I am at my most wretched, my most depressed, are the times when I find out a little more about myself, believe a little more in my potential, and push to do better.

The days I spend crying softly to myself become the days of great personal, spiritual discovery. Each little pinpoint of light, each star in the dark of loneliness and depression becomes starkly apparent. And I come away with a newer, fresher perspective on the person I am and the person I want to become.

Every time I sink into some doubt of my potential, or my awesomeness, I am surrounded by reassurances through family and friends and an amazing unfathomable love from my Heavenly Father.

I really don't know what to say, other than yesterday was one of the most emotionally awful days of my life, but it ended as one of the most spiritually strengthening.

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Sorry you've been having a rough time.